I had no idea how kiddos under 2 years old were not actually babies, but tiny people. Even though we have a slew of nephews and nieces I was not around them much as they were this age and since I was the worst baby sitter on Drury Street I kind of feel like someone, anyone should have told me so I would be better prepared to handle this stage I am finding myself in. For instance I never knew that I would need to know multiple nursery rhymes and choreographed moves by memory, or that my knowledge of animal noises would require such diversity, or that I would need to be ready to go from coloring, to puzzles, to cars and back to coloring all within a 5 minute window.
Although I am living in a constantly surprised state I am loving it! Levi is doing so many fun things these days and more and more of his personality is emerging. He is really into driving cars, and hanging out with his pals: Bill, Bill, Bear and Froggie, He loves to dance around the living room and spinning so fast he falls down, He is constantly asking "This"? He wants to know what ever single thing is. When reading a book it usually takes about 3 or 4 times of telling him before we are able to turn the page. This? Flower. This? Flower. This? Flower. When he finally mutters the word under his breath and I know it is safe to move on. He thinks it is hilarious to call daddy by his first name. You'll hear him in his crib saying "Roy" over and over as he falls asleep. He also really likes to point out when his daddy or I get seconds at dinner time which although cute it is a little alarming how often he gets to ask "Moooooooore"?. He likes to count his snacks although he doesn't always get it right I am encouraged that he continues to try. He loves going places, seeing people and playing andI look forward to the many surprises that are certain to come.
Oh, it's so fun to read about little Levi! Isn't this such a GREAT age?!? You are right, they are not babies but actual little people:) Although it is a very, very busy age-I also cherish it because it is so fun. Dave and I were just talking the other night about how much fun it is to see Prestons personality come and out more and more. I just really enjoy this stage of life:)
ReplyDelete