Thursday, April 2, 2009

I love this man.

then

now

10 years ago, or a decade if you prefer, I married the man I love. We were two very nervous & somewhat scared kids getting ready to make the largest life leap in front of a judge we'd met only minutes prior. I can remember looking out at the people who had scrambled to share in our moment on short notice & saw the tears on some dear ones faces, I of course melted, but my husband to be couldn't stop staring at the judge with a look that would be described as total & absolute fear. Thank heavens the fear didn't last & we've made it through the triumphs & lows with a lot of laughter & prayer. Interestingly the metal for our anniversary is tin or aluminium, because it bends, but it won't break. It is fitting for us since we have been bent a few times, but long ago we decided that a break was simply not going to be an option for us~no way~no how.
I can't even imagine how many countless times we have ridden bikes together, gone on hikes, watched movies, laughed, hugged & kissed, gone on 30 mile canoe trips (that was just once thankfully) how ever many it's been it isn't enough. I want more. I love this man. He is so kind, thoughtful, considerate, caring, loving, funny, he is intelligent beyond belief, talented in so many ways it drives me to the brink of envy, an even better father than I would have thought & ever so handsome, I mean it I have a serious crush on him & I am looking forward to many more decades to come.
~Happy Anniversary~









































4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary you guys! I hope you get to celebrate before you leave for the weekend :) Tell Roy I said,"thank you" for sharing his beautiful wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a milestone for such a handsome couple - we love you and are so happy for you! Happy 10!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought me to tears, just thinking about that day 10 years ago, when I don't think I understood the magnitude of what you and Royce were committing to. The two of you, and your desire to keep that commitment at the heart of every decision you make, are an inspiration to me. I love you both...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete