Friday, July 31, 2009
Now that the HEAT wave has considerably diminished I am able to be in my house with out sweat dripping down my face and no cold wash cloth on my neck is needed so I am a happy girl. Although the heat wave gave me a wonderful excuse to spend multiple days with friends at the beach I am thankful to have a reprieve. There is nothing you can do to be classy in the kind of heat we have had this past week. At least that is what I told myself as I was sitting in our kiddie pool before dinner last night in my old swimsuit and shorts (note: new suit was purchased yesterday & did in fact confirm that I am a middle aged woman since suit is a skirtini). Did I mention that levi wasn't even in the pool with me? Classy. Anyways, to make matters worse last night at 1am the fan in our bedroom died. Fineto. Done. Roy & I both sat up at once in terror & I asked why he turned off the fan when he informed me he'd been lying there in vain trying to sleep listening to the fan utter it's last breathe. Thankfully I was able to find 2 fans this morning, after calling multiple stores who were all sold out, should the heat wave decide to come back full force.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Theresa, I love the new look of your blog! I hear you on the heat! Luckily over here ac is more common and we have an escape. I am just glad that we are not shoveling snow off the roof!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of your mom in the hat. I had to return a shirt once because I couldn't get it over Isaiah's head. I think Levi's head is perfect! :)
Dave and I often sit in Prestons pool {without him in it} :)
ReplyDeleteThe reason for the laugh, the middle age comment. :) And the picture of you in the pool.
ReplyDeleteok, so my other comment wasn't posted. I just got a great laugh from this one. I love you!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so far from middle age.