Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Maybe it is because we were married at a courthouse by a judge we'd just met moments before, but I love weddings. I love everything about them, the food, the music, the anticipation of watching the bride walk down the aisle, being able to witness such a private moment between a soon to be husband & wife, being about to celebrate their decision to join together for life and I even love the sometimes awkward conversations of how do you know the bride & groom with everyone you meet. We were able to attend two this past month & besides those two couples I think that may be the end of an era. Of course that is until our nephews & nieces start getting married, but since the oldest is going to be a sophomore in high school I anticipate it being a while before we receive an invitation in the mail.

1 comment:

  1. weddings are fun to go to-i love having a reason to get gussied up and remembering ours:)

    ReplyDelete