Friday, August 28, 2009

I am trying to navigate this journey of new motherhood as best I can. I know that I will not be perfect and thank you God that I don't have to be. I glean from others who have gone before me or who are also in this same journey, I look at blogs on parenting and I read, well at least skim, parenting books on occasion, and I pray. And pray. And pray. And when I see something that stands out to me I have to force myself to pay attention otherwise I will not be able to retain it whatsoever. I saw this list somewhere on the world wide web and thought it was worth paying attention to.
How to be a terrific mother: (Seriously who wouldn't want to be described as terrific)?
1. Love your children unconditionally.
2. Honor their uniqueness & cultivate their talents.
3. Insist they say Please & Thank You.
4. Let them make mistakes.
5. Let them know that they can always count on you.
6. Remember too much t.v. is bad & too much reading is good.
7. Play outside & do fun things together.
8. Be there to listen.
9. Don't be afraid to set limits.
10.Teach them to be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Theresa, I love this list! And I am grateful for your reminder to pray....sometimes that's all we can do during this season of life; sometimes that is all we should do. And it seems that you are right on track with all this mom and wife stuff. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete